I did something tonight I have never done before. I know it's stupid but it was big for me...I navigated on the computer and made files to take care of some pictures for YW and get them ready to be printed for tomorrows activity all without Pops help. Stupid, I know. But creating the files and transferring the pictures from previous files is not something I do everyday so I was glad to be able to do it on my own.
Anyhow, on to real life.
Soccer practice is interesting. I pretty much make them run a lot and kick the ball a lot. I think we'll wait to work on strategy until they are a little older. We're still working on not touching the ball during playing time.
Everyone was awake before 6am. Not normal around here and it kind of messed with my morning workout. However I did let the boys watch a movie in the playroom while I finished my workout and they were more than excited to watch something before school. By 8:30am I was showered and out the door with three kids. We went grocery shopping, dropped Boss of at preschool, came home babies went down for naps, I made dinner for dinner swap, cleaned the kitchen, Boss came home from preschool, he and I had lunch, we swapped dinners, ran a few errands, picked up Buster from school, realized his monthly reading log was due in two days and he had only read one book. So we read and read and read to finish the log. Crate went down for his second nap (not normal but I didn't think to much of it) and I cleaned the bathrooms while the boys played. Then the three of us cleaned up the playroom and we rushed out the door for soccer. Crate did alright but I could tell he wasn't feeling well. We came home, got dinner started and right after I was done feeding Crate he puked. Not just spit up but full on puke. I think this is his first time for doing that. Luckily for Pops he had just walked in the door and was the fortunate one to take Crate to the bath. I stayed behind and cleaned up his high chair and the floor. Thank goodness for tile kitchens. Crate defiantly has a little bug...all he wants to do is lay on our shoulders. It's really sweet. We read scriptures and the boys were off to bed. I took care of my YW stuff and now I'm getting ready to do my own scripture reading. I'm tired and worn out but all-in-all it was a productive day. I went to bed at a descent hour last night...it's amazing what a good nights rest can do.
As I was making lunch today I was thinking about how General Conference and tomatoes and spinach all have something in common to me. I was making a salad with a bed of spinach topped with left over chicken from last nights dinner, a Roma tomato, little mozzarella cheese and poppy seed dressing...delicious by the way. Anyhow, growing up I hated spinach and I also hated tomatoes and lets be honest, I hated general conference weekend. I thought it was the most boring weekend on the face of the planet. It felt like we watched a billion hours of talks in two days. Man, have times changed. Now I LOVE general conference weekend. I can't wait for it to come. I love the talks, I love the inspiration received, I love to hear new temples announced, the list goes on and on. About the same time I started liking general conference I started liking spinach and tomatoes. I'm not sure what the change was but I'm thankful my tastes have matured for all three of those things. Today at the grocery store I bought 15 tomatoes and I know I'll use them all before they can even think about going bad. I know next month I'll get a written copy of the general conference messages and read them until the magazine is in shreds from all the times it will be stuffed in my diaper bag with juice spilled on it, cheerios stuck to it and probably a few boogers also. But like my tomatoes it will get used before it goes bad. Now if I can really focus on applying all the great talks to my personal life, I could be a good person. I will try. That will be my new goal.
This was a long post.