Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Several things got crossed off the list from yesterday.

*Tires are rotated. Thank goodness for a McDonald's with a play land across the parking lot. It made the waiting much more bearable for the young-lings. And I think that should be the mans job. However, I say that every time I go.

*Bed got made

*Grocery shopping is done and I saved $95...not to shabby. However, remind me to never go again with three young-lings at 3:30 in the afternoon when everyone is hungry and tired and to top it off the grocery store offers 10% off for anyone who is a "senior citizen." Needless to say there were A LOT of older (read: SLOWER) people in the store and I don't think they appreciated children. However given the circumstances my boys were really well behaved and they even eared themselves a donut. A long one with chocolate and sprinkles. I refrained.

*Boss got to meet his new teacher for preschool tonight. He was really excited. I was thankful to have a babysitter come, I tried to make it a special event for Boss. I'm hoping he'll do well and be obedient. Just in the last two months he has seemed to mature a lot and it's really, really fun to hang out with him.

*Pops got home just in time for mutual. I appreciated that. He even bathed Crate and Boss, read scriptures with the boys, put them to bed and emptied the dishwasher before heading out for basketball. He's a hard worker

*I'm hoping to knock out 15+ loaves of homemade bread tomorrow. I have to grind wheat again and for some reason I hate that part. Probably because I feel like I end up having flour dust all over the kitchen. Boss is excited to help me, my boys love homemade bread. Let's face it...so do I.

*Fry's has their all natural sour cream on sale of $1. It's really good stuff and no added ingredients. It's nice to see so many brands of food coming out with "natural" versions. Heinz has a great natural ketchup now. No added crap.

*Is crap a swear word? Personally, I don't think so. Maybe a crude word but not a swear word.

*Crate ate a bowl of beans for dinner last night and I paid for it each time I changed his diaper today. Tonight, he ate another bowl of beans, this time a different kind of bean. I wonder what treasures tomorrow holds in store? Actually, living with four males...I paid for it all day today.

*Today I thought a lot about a verse from one of my favorite hymns. "Who am I to judge another when I walk imperfectly? In the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see. Who am I to judge another? Lord I would follow thee."

Think about that.