Crate has been sleeping through the night for the last two weeks but the last two nights he has been waking up, it's amazing how fast your body adjusts to a full nights sleep and how two nights in a row can through off your routine. But I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm thankful to have this little guy at my side and I'm grateful he's slowly getting better, I'll continue to wake up as many times as he needs me to comfort him. I can't say enough how blessed I am for having these three boys on loan to me from Heavenly Father.
I love to see Boss' excitement about preschool. He has been using great manners lately and when I asked him where he learned to be so nice (hoping he'd say he learned it from me) he said he learned it from Ms. Becky. I was not 100% convinced that preschool was the best decision for Boss but I stand corrected. I now am 100% convinced and so glad I signed him up.
Buster had a half day today. I was hoping to take the boys out for some fun...you know you haven't ventured far from your home when you haven't filled up the gas tank in the van for 16 days and it's still not on empty...we all needed to get out and do something but it didn't quite happen like I hoped. However, the boys and I played games, I read to them for about 45 minutes, Buster read to us, we played with Crate and really just hung out on the family room floor for about an hour in a half laughing and having a good time. We really enjoyed each others company. I had lots of fun with them.
I thought I was over something. I keep telling myself I am. Seriously, I need to let go...it really is no big deal...it's no big deal...it's no big deal...
Looking forward to another half day tomorrow. Hopefully we can do something fun!
Oh, and this afternoon I saw a mess of popcorn in the corner of the floor and when I went to pick it up this was my conversation with Buster:
me: talking to myself "who left all this popcorn here?"
Buster: "oh yeah, I saw that a little while ago."
me: "why didn't you clean it up?"
Buster: "cause I'm not the maid."
me: "and I am?"
Buster, completely serious: "well, yes."
me: "no, I'm not the maid, I'm the mother."
Buster: "whatever, mother's or maids, they're the same thing and they do the same kind of work."
Wow...have I done a great injustice for myself. I thought I was a pretty strict mother who passed off a lot of responsibility to my young children.(They do their own laundry, clean their bathroom, clean the playroom, clean their own bedroom, dust, vacuum, empty the dishwasher, pull weeds, empty garbage's and do whatever else I ask of them) There will be some major talks over the next few days. I can't ever have them grow up to think their wife is the maid.