Saturday, September 11, 2010

Left the house shortly before 6am to go walking. It was actually a little chilly outside and was a great change 6.5 miles later I didn't feel so chilly any more. 6.5 miles in less than 90 minutes warmed me up pretty fast.

The clean house lasted until 8:00am. The boys built a fort in the family room. Lovely.

Pops was off early to a stake youth conference so I had the boys all to myself for the first half of the day. I wanted to get them in a good mood so I made french toast for breakfast. Then I broke the news of what the next few hours would include...yard work!

Yep...that's right boys, your favorite YARD WORK! The reactions were not surprising. But Buster was a great help, Boss on the other had needed lots of reminders to stay on task. I trimmed the bushes (thank goodness for electric hedgers) and the boys cleaned up the mess. All was well until I couldn't get the lawn mower started. The lawn still didn't get mowed. Darn thing ticked me off.

We got to celebrate Captin's (yes, that's his real name) birthday this afternoon. The boys always love a fun, swim birthday party!

Got home in time for Pops to finish up preparing his talk for tomorrow. I got the boys bathed and ready for bed and fell asleep while reading them a book. Boss fell asleep too...that made bedtime easy. I have white shirts to iron for tomorrow, do I stay awake and do it or just do it in the morning?