I thought tonight was going to be a night when everyone was home...at least until 9pm when basketball starts but alas Pops told me he had a stake trek planning meeting so he would not be around tonight. That makes another week in a row when he or I has had something going on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. I'm ready for us to be home at the same time one of these nights. It'll come.
Today wasn't a bad day at all. Except for one little hiccup this afternoon where to be honest, I think my feelings got hurt but I'll get over it. Other than that I didn't have little Mari today, she was sick so I played and played just with Crate while Boss was at preschool. We read books, wrestled on the floor together, played with balls and just laughed. It was really fun having him all to myself. He's at a really fun age. He also threw his first tantrum today and boy was he upset. He's discovered that he can control his volume...and now he's set the dial at loud, actually REALLY LOUD. When he wants something he screams, when he's excited he screams, when he's hungry he screams, when his brothers are kissing on him to much he screams...you get the point. This afternoon he was mad that I was wiping his nose and he flipped out. Rolling on the floor and screaming into the floor and everything. It was actually quite funny to watch, but I know he didn't appreciate my laughter. I finally walked away and let him finish it out and then he was fine. I never knew tantrums could start this early.
Boss was telling Buster and I all about preschool today. They got to make applesauce from "real apples" and put "real cinnamon" on it. I think he just grasped the point that applesauce comes from apples. He was quite impressed and said he had a fun time doing it. His favorite part he said was "bamming the apples." What little boy doesn't enjoy demolishing something?
Buster has his spelling test tomorrow so far it's been 100% each week. I do have to say though that so far 2nd grade spelling words are MUCH easier than 1st grade. Hopefully he gets a little more challenged pretty soon. Parent teacher conferences are next week so that'll be good to meet with the teacher and really get to know his progress.
Tomorrow is Friday!! Yeah for Friday!! And Saturday starts our next six weeks of soccer games, can't wait to spend 3.5 hours on the soccer field between the boys two games. Welcome to parenthood. If I have two boys in soccer and I drive a mini-van does that officially make me a soccer mom? Oh boy, I'm getting old.