Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! We're about to off for our family bike ride. My idea of hiking got vetoed. Oh well, a family bike ride is good enough.

I'm thinking maybe I'll even get a 30 minute nap before we head off. I had a killer workout this morning and am really feeling it right now and could use a quick rest.

I was reflecting on my many blessings this past year and have been able to see the Lord's hand in blessing our family more than once.

My boys haven't suffered from any major sicknesses all year long, neither have Pops or I. We have a home to live in and cars that work every time we turn them on. Plenty of food in the fridge and pantry. A room full of toys. Comfortable beds. A piano, T.V., movies, video games, computers, clothes, shoes, and much more.

Most importantly the gospel of Jesus Christ and friends and family who are wonderful.

Trials have come and gone throughout the year and some are still lingering around but most importantly I can say we've seen how the Lord has helped us through difficult times and continues to do so. We are learning lessons that could never be learned any other way and because of difficult times I have been able to learn of my Savior and the love he has for me. And I've learned it's always best to find the silver lining amongst the gray stormy clouds. For there always is something good that comes from something bad.

This really is an amazing life that I wouldn't trade for anything.

1 comment:

April said...

Ditto. Thank you for your sharing of your deepest gratitude. God considers lack of gratitude a sin. You are being blessed for your attitude of gratitude.

Hopw you had a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING.