Today I turned on the primary music that the boys have been learning over the year. Next thing I know is I'm listening to both Buster and Boss sing along with it while playing in the play room. My heart melted. Then it made me incredibly grateful to their teachers and all the primary leaders for the time and effort they spend to teach my boys the gospel. I know sometimes for some people primary isn't the most desired place to serve but I think it's one of the most important. I loved, loved, loved hearing them sing. I will defiantly be playing the music more often.
I recalled in my mind a conversation I briefly had with someone recently. I think I was being criticized for the way I do my calling. I hope people understand that they don't know my personal life, my personal struggles, demands placed on our family from different sources and the mere fact that they have never served in as a YW president. Can I do more? Yes. Can I be better? Yes. Do I strive each week to be better than the last? Yes. Do I pray for those girls? Yes. Do I love those girls? Yes. More than anything it was a good reminder for myself to not be even slightly critical to any other leader in the ward since I have never walked in their shoes.
Crate was unusually grouchy and whiny this afternoon and evening. I hope he's not coming down with something and let's hope he'll wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.
The Suns just beat the Lakers...I think this might be one of the happiest day's in Pop's life. He loves his basketball.
No comments:
Post a Comment