I have a post in my head about motherhood.
I think my brain is to tired to write it all tonight. All I know is I couldn't fall asleep last night because I was so excited that I was able to pull out Buster's tooth. You see, his front tooth has been hanging by a thread (literally) for about two months now. It wasn't the most attractive thing but he refused to let me touch it. Last night while he was sleeping I pulled it out with the pliers and he didn't even wake up. Heck, it didn't even bleed. Anyhow, crazy how that is where my life is at right now, that my sons tooth would give me so much excitement. Or the fact that I finished all the laundry today folded it and put it away...that made for feeling extremely accomplished today. Back in the day I would have never associated clean laundry with feeling accomplished. Or the fact that I would love a good blender for Christmas. Who would have ever thought that something so practical as a blender could bring such great joy to a woman. Those are just my beginning thoughts on motherhood. It's crazy how much your life can change and how your priorities change. But, I'm literally living the life I always envisioned I would live. The life of family.
My counselors and I started and finished the Christmas presents for the young women. They turned out really good. I think they'll like them.
Fixed the herb roasted chicken with baked potatoes for dinner tonight. That's defiantly a family favorite and easy. Here's the recipe if you're looking to make something new.
1 Chicken cut in half or 4-5 chicken breast halves or legs or thighs.
4 Tablespoons butter, melted (I use two and it works fine)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Arrange chicken skin side up in a roasting pan.
Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
Brush chicken with the butter mixture.
Roast until juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
Broil 6 inches from heat for 3 minutes.
(Serves 4-5)
Pops had another late night with work. I'm thankful he's always willing to put in the time it takes to support the family. I do have to say the boys always are sad when they have to go to bed without seeing Pops. They pretty much worship the ground he walks on. It's sweet to watch. I wonder how long it'll last.
No comments:
Post a Comment