Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Big miracles come in crazy ways...

Last night after I laid my very sleepy head down the phone rang rather late...like 11pm. It was a friend who needed help right away. On my way to her house I heard the sirens of the fire truck...needless to say I was more than happy to help out last night but pretty tired throughout the day today. By 2pm I could have crashed but I needed to get to three different places before 4:30pm so I could get home and get dinner done and cleaned up by 6pm so I could get the boys in the bath and pj's on and scriptures read before the youth started arriving at 7pm for mutual. One of those places included Costco, which for the record, my boys HATE going to. Still can't figure out why on that one. Anyhow, just as I was about to leave to get Buster from school and head out on our errands my friend calls and invites Buster and Boss over to play with her two boys. This was such a HUGE blessing. I was able to get to Costco and do my other errands and stop by and get Pops' Christmas gift with only Crate in tow. The afternoon went smoothly, I wasn't frazzled, the boys had a blast playing and I got everything done in time and dinner made and cleaned up by 6pm. I felt like the Lord blessed me with energy despite shorter sleep and not feeling 100% still and blessed me by the invitation from a friend to take the boys. Normally I can handle my three children just fine but every once in a while it's nice to get things done with just one.

On another note...tonight for YW's we wanted to do a service project that could benefit the entire ward. The idea the girls came up with was to have ward members drop off a basket or box with gifts for their family members and wrapping paper and we would be the ones to wrap the gifts! It went pretty well...we all stayed busy and got the gifts wrapped and back to the families by the end of the night. I hope we were able to take a load off moms and dads shoulders and in doing so the girls got to hang out together and chat and have a fun time. Hopefully they learned how to nicely wrap presents too!

Now I must be off to slumber land.