Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I've got a ton of pictures to download from the camera...I just never want to take the time to do it and then they get backed up and then it just takes more time...its like a never ending circle.

Today we did tons of laundry...and watched a movie. Pops was supposed to work a half day but it didn't quite happen. The boys and I had fun at a birthday party this morning until it turned frigid then we headed home. They picked up the playroom and vacuumed it. I was able to de-junk it a little again without them realizing what I was doing. They helped sort laundry and folded a little. Crate cried most the day because he wanted to go outside, however the grass outback is more like a swamp from all the rain so I wouldn't let him out. He did not like that at all.

Tonight I took the boys shoe shopping. I was tired of buying cheap shoes and having them fall apart in the first 30 days. I've never splurged on shoes for them. My neighbor always gives me her one sons clothes and shoes so I've always just used those. This last time she gave me Nike shoes that fit Buster and he has worn them every single day for four months and they are just now starting to shred. And he is REALLY hard on his shoes. So I was convinced to spend a little more and get each of them a decent pair of shoes. Luckily Famous Footwear was having their buy on get on half off sale so it worked out perfect. And each pair of shoes I bought was on sale. I'm hoping they'll last a REALLY long time. Now if I can just get Boss to wear tennis shoes...he only prefers flip flops and even wore them all day today...it's only 50 degrees and rainy. I was proud of myself that I didn't even walk to my side of the store and look for shoes for myself. Pops would have been proud too. :)

Speaking of Boss I have to say he likes to talk A LOT. And sometimes I want to shut off my ears. He's a fun boy but always has something to say or a question to ask. Oh man...and when he was little I was so worried about him not talking, he was in speech therapy for a year. I guess I shouldn't have been so concerned. Either that, or the speech therapy REALLY payed off!

Can't believe the year is almost over.