Awwww Friday. As I was fixing dinner for the fam to night (Chicken nuggets and salad) I was reminiscing about Friday nights a few years back. It was before kids. Friday night always meant date night. I think we would go somewhere every Friday or Saturday or both and go on a date. Those were good days. Our date tonight is a borrowed movie from the neighbor and homemade popcorn. It's 7:30pm and the kids are in bed so it's almost like a real date but without makeup on. Not to shabby. Sometimes I miss those regular weekend date nights but I wouldn't trade my boys to have them back. They'll come in those retirement years.
We swam today at Ashlee's house. That was fun, again I love the sun. Then I did the dreaded thing today and cut the boys hair. After tears and bribes they finally sat down. I don't get why they hate it so much when I cut their hair. Every time I do it I tell myself...just take them to a place and have it done. Oh well, I'm getting quite good at cutting their hair if I do say so myself.
OK now it's time for that date.
No comments:
Post a Comment