Pops had a busy schedule today. It went like this:
7am Stake Meetings
9am Sacrament meeting with the family
10:15 he left for Mesa to be in a sacrament meeting by 11am
12:30 leaves Mesa
1pm Monthly speaking assignment in another sacrament meeting
2:45 comes home for lunch and prepares his lesson for the missionary training class
4pm leaves for the stake center for his missionary prep class from 4:30-6pm.
6pm stays at stake center to help set up for seminary graduation
7pm seminary graduation starts
9pm we should see him about this time.
My schedule went like this
9am church
1pm home and fed lunch to the kids
2pm fed Crate
2:15pm Me and Crate go down for naps
4:30pm I woke up and read books to the two older boys
5pm Crate wakes and we all have a dance party to "church" songs.
6pm The boys tell me they want German pancakes for dinner. We all make it together. They are cooking right now and smell delicious. That's always a fun dinner when Pops isn't around.
I defiantly got the better end of the schedule today. I'm thankful to support Pops and not complain because I'd rather be home with the boys than the one out and about.
Tomorrow starts the last week of school. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Today in YW's I was reminded that if I want to teach the gospel to my children I must know and live the gospel myself. Actually, If I want to be a missionary to anyone I must know and understand first. This was a good reminder of always being an example to my children and those around me. I really need to work on this.
P.S. Here's the recipe for the German Pancakes:
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
6 Eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
With a beater combine milk, flour, eggs & salt. In a 9X13 pan melt butter in the oven while it's preheating remove pan when butter is hot and sizzling. Pour batter immediately into hot pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with powdered sugar, syrup or fruit on top. (The boys love these because they "grow" in the pan. They'll puff up really big!)
Here's a visual...
No comments:
Post a Comment