Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I thought I had posted this earlier but I must have it saved in a draft somewhere...but a big Congratulations to Aunt Julie on baby #4! Jefferson was born almost a week ago and I'm more than excited to meet him!

Today I rediscovered it's really hard to work at home with little children around. Especially when you're trying to sound like a professional on the phone and you have a four year old yelling to come wipe his bum. Pops has another long lists of tasks for me to take care of. I try to do a few hours everyday so I don't get to backed up. I think I'll have to switch around my workout schedule and start working the phones before everyone wakes up then workout once their awake. I do have to admit sometimes I wonder how it would be to be a "full-time" stay at home mom and not have extra jobs on the side. Then I remind myself of the options that could be and realize I don't have it bad. Actually I'm really blessed and I recognize that. Pops works really hard to provide for the family and I need to be happy to do my part and help out. We knew when we started this business it would be a solid investment on both our parts and we knew this was right for us. It will all work out.

We did a night hike for mutual tonight. It was combined with the YM and it turned out to be pretty fun. After the hike we made homemade ice cream in baggies and got it hard by tossing it back and forth in a t-shirt. It turned out really good. I haven't taken the boys to that hiking spot in a long time and I think we'll start going regularly once school is out. It will be an even better workout with Crate on my back and Buster seems to really like hiking. The older he's gotten the better trooper he is.

I was reminded again today of the blessing of having three healthy children. There are so many trials in life we haven't experienced and I feel blessed. I feel like this week as turned into a pretty hectic week. The one good thing about working is while I was on hold on the phone today with several different banks I got seven loads of laundry folded and put away. How did anything ever get done before the days of portable phones?

No comments: