I think the trip was a success and the girls kept saying how pretty they thought the Temple was and how excited they were to go back someday. I hope and pray they remember the feelings they felt today. I saw many families there and wished mine was with me so I could let the boys have the experience. I will make sure and take them when the Gilbert and Phoenix Temples are built.
Crate did good on the trip. He slept til the half way point, woke up and cried for a solid 40 minutes. There wasn't any good spot to pull over so I had to let him cry it out. I don't think the young women appreciated listening to it. Poor Crate cried himself back to sleep and slept until we arrived there. We stayed with Aika's in-laws and had a great nights sleep. Woke up and drove the whole 5 minutes to the Temple. They were expecting over 8,000 people just today so I'm glad we got there early. They said so far over 83,000 people had taken the tour. I'm glad the YW got to be apart of it.
Here's our group. Small but mighty.
The house looked like a bachelor pad when I got home. I guess it was a movie/video game/ice cream night last night. The boys had the best time with Pops and he let them stay up til 11pm. Then he woke them up at 5am and took them to basketball with him. However, the outside of the house was a different story. They worked hard and trimmed all the bushes and trees and filled 8 large garbage bags full of clippings from all the trimming. I have to admit it looked like a professional did it. I was so sad I missed out on the yard work...especially with two very tired boys. NOT. Pops rewarded them for their hard work by taking them to Castles and Coasters to play games. That is the highlight of their lives right now. $10 buys them three hours of non-stop fun. So sad I missed that too. NOT. I was glad to see everyone was happy when I returned. Now on Monday we'll all work on the house.
Crate fell off the couch yesterday and has a nice bruise on his head and cheek to prove it. No more sitting on the couch for him. I remember the first time Buster fell, I freaked out and contemplated a ER trip. When Crate fell the thought didn't even cross my mind. It's nice being more relaxed now as a parent. You learn how resilient their little bodies are.
1 comment:
Blaine and I were saying that you are seriously going straight to heaven for doing all this. Like I said before, "You are amazing!!"
Post a Comment