Sunday, August 15, 2010

I honestly can't say this happens every Sunday, but it did happen today...it was the type of Sunday that church is good, really good. I felt touched by the sacrament speakers, touched by Boss's talk he gave in primary and touched by the YW's lesson. I left feeling uplifted. It was a great feeling.

Pops spoke in a different ward today but still made it home before us. I was thinking today that we haven't driven to church in the same car together more than a dozen times in the last seven years. Anyhow, he beat us home, we had lunch together and I said the "clean" word on Sunday. I told all the males in my house that before anybody does anything else, (meetings, naps, playtime, scriptures...) we were going to clean the house. I didn't mean scrub the toilets but I did mean pick up ALL THE C.R.A.P. that was scattered in every room of the house. Pops set the timer for 30 minutes and we were off. The boys (mainly Boss) complained the whole time as he did his chores but they got accomplished non-the-less. The beautiful part was that I didn't even feel guilty having us all clean considering it was Sunday. I knew the Lord would rather have a clutter free house on the sabbath than a house full of you know what. It was GREAT. We all worked together and got it under control. I thought "WOW, THEY CAN BE TAUGHT."

I even laid down for 40 minutes once we were done and it was great to wake up to a picked up house and a clean kitchen. I paid them all by making an awesome dinner, actually I think Pops said it was "one of the best dinners ever and that it really hit the spot." Curry chicken, parsley potatoes and rosemary rolls. OK, maybe it was a little bit of a carb overload but it was de-lish. And tomorrow is Monday, so for the 67th time I can use the words "my diet starts tomorrow."

Marmie made a brief visit. They kids always love seeing her and of course so do we. We even had a surprise ring of the door bell and found cookies left on the door step. HELLO HEAVEN! I love good cookies I didn't have to make. Can't figure out who left them though. Then we had a family over for games. Good times, good times.

A few busy days a head, I'm looking forward to Thursday cause by then it should slow down.