Last night wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be. Each baby woke up at their "usual" times and even though Brayden gets up much earlier than Crate I was thankful to have the swing to put him in and I fell back asleep on the couch til 6am.
By 6:30 everyone was awake so I took the two babies out walking for an hour while Pops and the older kids trimmed trees and mowed the lawn.
Once I got home the day really started and Pops was gone for the rest of the day.
I braved a mall trip by myself with all five and it actually wasn't bad. The three older had fun playing in the play area and as long as I kept the stroller moving the babies were fine and happy. Of course I had a fair share of snacks for everyone. Not a thing was purchased but 3.5 hours of our day was occupied and everyone was having fun. By dinner time Pops was done working and he met up with us at the mall for the last 45 minutes. It was nice to have an extra set of hands on hand. :) On the way home I sent him to the grocery store for four items and he called three times. No joke. There are things that he takes care of wonderfully and things that I take care of wonderfully and grocery shopping doesn't fall in his category. Actually four items, I wouldn't call grocery shopping. Thank goodness for cell phones.
Talked briefly with a friend online tonight. Someone I really, really admire. It's refreshing to know there are still people out there who have strong values and morals and don't apologize for them.
Let me just say what I believe since this is my blog and they are my thoughts:
I believe marriage is to be between a man and a woman.
I believe God had a hand in creating this country.
I believe times change but basic moral principles shouldn't.
I believe anyone who wants to live in America should and should do it legally.
I believe the area around ground zero is sacred.
I believe people should have as many or as little children as they want and should not be criticized.
I believe the majority of the peoples votes should count and hold true and not just one judges opinion.
I believe if a leader is asked to prove where he is born; out of respect and integrity to the people he is serving he should prove it.
I believe the government was originally set up to serve the people of the land, not the people of the land serving the government.
That is where I stand. I know God still watches over this country, but I know the further away the country moves from Him the harder it will be to have His spirit and guidance upon us and our leaders.
Call me old fashioned but this is who I am.
Pops just had me take a look at Crate...he fell asleep without a peep on the couch laying right next to his beloved Papi. His nickname is "Happiness" and he holds true to it 98% of the time.