I'm still recalling the short piece on forgiveness I posted yesterday. I have never had anything remotely that tragic happen in my life. However, for some reason I find it hard to not be irritated at someone because they don't think like I do, or not be upset at my boys because they didn't clean up the playroom tonight before bed like I asked them to, or not be upset at spouse because he didn't enforce the cleaning of the playroom while I was at a YW meeting tonight...go figure. Pathetic. Needless to say I quickly reminded myself to forgive and let go, I didn't say anything to the family because I noticed they had done their best to pick up the rest of the house and vacuum like I asked. However, tomorrow after school I know what those boys will be doing. I could go on a make a list of others I need to forgive and forget but I only have the rest of my life to write in this blog and that may not be enough time. (insert smile face)
While making cookies today I decided to add a large chocolate bar of unsweetened chocolate. That didn't go over to well. Note to self...make sure the chocolate is sweetened. I'm sure there is a reason I bought the unsweetened chocolate but I can't remember and I wanted to use it up. I'm still trying to figure out what you would make with unsweetened chocolate... it wasn't the best. Luckily I also added chocolate chips so some bites of a cookie are really good, others are pretty bitter. I told the boys these cookies are like life: "sometimes you have to experience the bitter to taste the sweet." I don't think they got it. Actually, come to think of it, that would make a really good YW lesson. I'll have to remember that one.
This week has had it's busy nights. Monday Pops was gone til 8:30pm working. Tuesday night was a PTA meeting, Wednesday night was mutual, tonight was a YW training meeting, I'm hoping nothing is on the schedule for tomorrow night. It's the third Sunday again and a new topic for Pops to speak on. That means no old talks to pull from and I'm begging him to write his talk before Saturday so can have some good 'ol family time.
School's only been in session for two weeks and I already miss summer.
I listened to Glenn Beck this afternoon as I drove to Scottsdale to take care of some business for Pops. I was hoping the boys would sleep on the drive but no such luck. That's beside the point, anyhow, as I was listening to Glenn I was getting very disturbed at where the world is today and where it it headed. Especially the United States. Frankly, we're not united, the federal government no longer seems to do their duty in being in a "supporting role" to the states and states no longer watch out for and support each other. The federal government is fighting the states and their laws and state constitutions. Hello, I live in AZ, I'm seeing it first hand. The older I become and the more I learn and read I think it's safe to say I'm a Conservative. Very conservative. I've learned if I don't stand up and support what I believe to be true or right, if I keep quiet I'm silently supporting the lefties. And they do not stand for what I believe in. Pops told me to watch a video of something that took place at USC-SD between a Jewish man and a Muslim woman. It was very interesting and quite scary honestly. I literally wanted to go get Buster from school pack up and move my family and I into a bubble. I'm still looking for that bubble that will protect us from the evils of the world. I felt down and frightened with the choice I had made to bring three precious spirits into this place. Then I happened to be cleaning out a draw and found this awesome quote by President Monson and really it turned my fear into faith. It was what I needed. It says:
"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice and friends who help.
We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."
I must be grateful to my Savior for his sacrifice and to all those who have sacrificed to restore this gospel back to the earth so that I can raise my family with faith, not fear.