Today I'm grateful my boys have brothers. We read a book the other day called "Brothers are for Making Mud Pies." It talks all about things brothers can do together. Having all boys is obviously something I have no control over but I'm thankful it happened the way it did. I do sometimes wonder if a little girl would "soften" the family dynamics but really I'm thankful for my boys. They play well together, watch out for each other and are for the most part always want to do everything together. Maybe one of these days I can convince them to like trips to the mall. :)
Last night I saw on the news about a meteor shower taking place through the night. I seriously contemplated waking the boys up at 2am since that would be the peak of the shower. I passed considering it was a school night. I'll check to see if it's happening again tonight. However, I told Pops about it and he and I went out in the back yard about 10:30pm and saw a few meteor's flying through the sky. It was pretty incredible. We then talked about space and the what's beyond our knowledge. It makes me excited to someday find out about other worlds.
Today a few friends and I got together for lunch. I have to say I really enjoyed myself. The food was really good and healthy, one of them made something I had never tried before (black bean cakes or something like that)and all the kids got along pretty good. I am grateful to friends who open up their homes for the rest of us to enjoy. It was a good afternoon.
Looking forward to the weekend. I love weekends. Like LOVE weekends. The boys are off to finish up cleaning the playroom, we'll see how long it stays clean...