Sunday, October 3, 2010

Awe, another season of general conference is over. I had two epiphanies during these last two days. Each are pretty personal but just so I don't forget they are:
1. Follow the Prophet
2. I'm where I am for a reason. Learn to love it, don't go against the Lord.

The advice to follow the prophet is so simple yet, especially right now, so vitally important. So many people giving their input on what to do, where to go, how to handle the economic problems and so on. But I think the advice is clear. Follow the Prophet. Follow the spirit. I need to weed out the things that make me nervous or put thoughts in my mind that would lead me to rely on "man" or the "arm of flesh." I must always follow the Prophet and follow his council.

Also, I must play a part in teaching the YW how to live a virtuous life and I must live one myself. I must watch what I wear, I must make sure nothing could be perceived as being possibly immodest (I am a firm believer that this also doesn't mean I have to dress frumpy) I must teach them the importance of a temple marriage. Lots of work ahead for us as leaders.

Now it's time for bed! Yeah for fall break tomorrow!