Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holy busy day...we we're gone a lot today.

I learned one thing today: my body can't handle a half bottle of 5 hour energy. I felt like at any given moment steam was going to start coming out of my ears because I had so much energy. I literally ran from one room to the next around the house. I got a lot accomplished. But on the other hand I was very shaky and a little nauseous. However because I had so much energy I had an amazing workout. I felt like I could do plyometrics for three hours in a row instead of one. I love the feeling of sweat dripping down my face and back. Gross I know.

We attended Ashlynn's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's. What kid wouldn't want to go there to help celebrate a birthday? Needless to say my boys were so happy and couldn't wait until school was over so we could go. If you ever are looking to have a party there do it on a Tuesday afternoon at 3pm. You'll have the entire place to yourself! It was awesome. The cousins got to run around and play any game without having to share the place with any other kids. I also discovered one more thing today about myself...I have an addiction to winning tickets for my kids. I think if I was a gambler I would be an addict. I kept grabbing Boss' tokens wanting to play the games and win the bonus rounds so I could get him 50 tickets on one try vs. three tickets. I only won once but I must have tried 25 times. The best part was that Ashlynn's grandparents (my sister's inlaws) drove all the way from St. George Utah just to surprise her and attend her party and are turning around and driving home tonight so they can be back to work. That's 12 total hours for a 2 hour birthday party. I thought that was the coolest thing that they would put the time and effort into doing that. Ashlynn sure felt loved. It made me think once again how important it is to kids to feel loved and appreciated while growing up.

Poor Boss is so sick. He fell asleep on my lap at Chuck E Cheese's. Man I'm worried for that kid. He doesn't get sick to often and this time I can tell he really isn't doing well. I was grateful to hold him and rock him tonight.

My gratitude moment for today: Pops coming home from is appointment right away to give Boss a blessing before he headed to bed. The power of the priesthood in the home is never to be taken for granted. Another moment of gratitude was to my sisters and nieces for helping out with Crate while I attended to Boss during the party. Pops wasn't able to come and if they weren't there it would have been really hard to take care of Boss and keep an eye on Crate.