Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Today seemed to be an event-filled day. I did an early morning walk with a friend. The weather was great and the company was great. Meaningful conversation, I like that. Did another workout with Pops after I got home. Had to end a few minutes early because Crate's backside is so red with a massive rash. He was crying from the pain so I put him in a cool bath to try and ease the pain. It's a pretty nasty rash, I'd post pictures but I'm sure they would land me in jail for doing such a thing. Drove for preschool carpool today, ran to the bank, went to the grocery store with two one year olds, picked up Buster from his half day at school, emptied the dishwasher and folded one load of laundry, had the extra baby for an extra hour today, briefly visited our old house since it is empty and up for rent. Oh the memories. It was a great house but I don't miss the neighborhood. Vacuumed the kitchen floor countless times, got side dishes ready for dinner, changed 17 diapers today. No Joke. Pulled out the ping pong table for the cub scouts. They needed to learn an individual sport so the leaders brought them over for "table tennis" (glad to be in YW and not cub scouts), did dinner, cleaned up really fast, threw Crate in the bath, got everyone ready for bed and then got things ready for mutual tonight. We had a combined activity with the YM and carved pumpkins in the backyard and then delivered them to some families in the ward. While they were carving the pumpkins the leaders fixed hot chocolate and roasted the pumpkin seeds for the treat. It's kind of chilly night so it all worked perfect together. I think the kids had a good time and it ended up being a successful activity! Pops got home around 8 and was kind enough to clean everything up while we were out delivering the pumpkins. Of course now he is off participating in his weekly love...basketball. Tomorrow should be a little calmer of a day. I hope Crates chubby bum can heal real soon. It's not fun to watch him squirm in pain.