Friday, October 29, 2010

Buster had a pumpkin carving party today at school. They did it for math and science time. They had to weigh the pumpkin, measure the height and width, pull out the seeds, count them and then they got to carve. I took Boss and Crate and our little girl who comes during the day and we all stood outside and helped with the class project as sweat dripped from our faces. I stood there wondering why I had bothered with a shower for today, but what was even more frustrating was that it was the end of October and at one o'clock on the afternoon I am dripping sweat. Not to mention I had the line of boob sweat on my shirt. Gross, huh. Bottom line was that Buster had fun and I believe on Monday they'll create a class graph comparing every body's pumpkins.

Tonight I took the boys to a community harvest festival put on by a local church. I'll admit I really didn't want to go and if the kids weren't talking about it at school Buster would have never asked to go. But alas we went. I was nervous to take all three of them by myself in a crowded area but they all stayed right by me and had a good time. As I stood there watching them play the carnival games I was grateful for two things:
1. That I wasn't sweating anymore while being outside &
2. That I had a stroller. Whoever invented the stroller deserves a big prize. Like a really big prize. It would have killed my back to carry around a 25 pound boy dressed like a pumpkin all night.
I took the camera but realized the battery was dead right after I got there. I was proud of myself that I remembered it in the first place.

When we got home I watched a movie with the boys called How to Train a Dragon. We hadn't seen it before and we all loved it. Another great invention...RedBox.

Pops strolled in around 9pm tonight. I'm thankful he works his tail off so I can do things with the boys like I did tonight. In that area I am blessed.

I told Pops I'm ready for a date again...like an all day date. Spend the entire day together alone. I think he's ready for one too. Now if we could just figure out a day...

Last soccer game tomorrow, for a little while at least. Yeah!

No comments: