Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So I finally mopped the floor today. Not just a quick mopping but the kind where the chairs got put up on the table. I even moved the entire dinning room table and chairs out of the dinning area. The living room furniture got moved into Pop's office and all rugs were removed from the tile. That's what happens when you have the young women coming over for a yoga class and you realize no one wants to lay on a crumb filled floor. It was pretty bad, especially under the dining room rug, which is interesting how so many crumbs can find their way under there when we rarely use that table. Anyhow the yoga was a good excuse to clean the floor. I pulled out the yellow industrial size mop bucket (yes, like the ones found a home depot) and the industrial size mop and started going to town. Then I had a problem...two one year old's wanted to participate. Let's just say trying to mop the floors with two one year old's walking on your wet surface is like trying to wipe your rear with wet toilet paper...it just doesn't work. Not to mention Pops is usually in charge of this chore, but he's kind of been slacking the last, well, year or so. Finally I just gave up and finished mopping after Buster got home from school because that meant only one, one year old for him to entertain. He's the best big brother.

Boss seems to be doing much better. Thank goodness. It breaks my heart to see my kids suffer. I can't imagine all those mothers that have to watch their children suffer from chronic illness, disease or something even worse. My heart goes out to them.

I think it's safe to say Crate is officially walking now. He prefers walking over crawling and is getting a bit quicker each day.

My house isn't looking very Halloween-ish. I lack in the decorations department.I think we own one skeleton that should be hanging on the door...but it's not. Maybe I'll get it up tomorrow.

I folded all seven loads of laundry today and put them away. That was a job.

Gratitude moment: Working out with Pops while everyone was awake and not being interrupted at all. I love my boys but I also love a solid workout especially with Pops. Everyone was content and entertained for a solid hour. I'm thankful to have a healthy body and a spouse that likes to sweat with me. I'm also thankful I didn't wake up at 5am to do the workout. My alarm went off but after waking up multiple times throughout the night I decided to sleep in til 6:15am. It was wonderful.

I realized that each child woke up multiple times last night so if my calculations are correct I nursed three times in the night, got a drink for Boss 7 times (literally) throughout the night and was woken up by Buster telling me he had to go potty twice in the night. For some reason he always comes in and lets me know he's taking care of business. I've reassured him if it's 2am or 2pm it doesn't matter...I DON'T NEED TO KNOW! That's at least a dozen times of waking up. Now I feel like I can barely function and can't wait to crawl into my most favorite posession in this house.