Monday, October 18, 2010
I don't usually get to this point but today I did. You know, the point where anything and everything bugs you. For starters I know I was tired. Went to bed at 12:04am last night and woke up at 4:55am. That was problem #1. Then I had three extra kids all day. I let Buster stay home from school today to play with cousins and I swear the house was non-stop chaos. I can usually handle a lot of chaos but being extra tired today I didn't handle it very well. Then this afternoon we made cupcakes and I had envisioned a moment of all the children sitting around the table doing their best Halloween decorations on the cupcakes, giving each other ideas while also offering praise and encouragement and then cleaning up after themselves, being careful to not let a drop of sprinkles fall on the, oh so precious, recently mopped floor. Let's just say it didn't go according to plan. We decorated six hours ago and my kitchen still is showing the effects. However, I'm choosing to ignore the mess and head to bed. I decided that for tonight my sleep is more important than a clean kitchen. I was not the nicest mom today and I must repent. I hope my boys know how much I love them, I will do better at showing it to them tomorrow. I'm grateful there is a tomorrow.