But lets just pretend like it is October 7th and go back a day...
One year ago today my not-so-little 9 pound 8oz pumpkin arrived in time to celebrate his first holiday...Halloween. (Is that really a holiday?)
My water broke while I was running bleachers at the high school...he was eight days past due and my doctor would only let me go two more days before he would take him out his self. Knowing I wanted another unmedicated birth I was doing anything to avoid being induced, hence the bleacher running and it worked! My water broke at 7:45am and he was born at 7:49pm, my longest labor yet...isn't labor supposed to get shorter with each child? Everything went well for the most part, A little scary towards the end and during the first several minutes of his arrival. I remember the nurse holding my hand and saying he's not breathing, just pray. I didn't see him right away but one of the other nurses yelled out "he's got red hair!" I was shocked. After several minutes, tears and lots of praying this little guy made his first sounds and is happy and healthy has can be now. We are blessed to have him apart of our family, even though people always stop me and say "is he yours?", "where did he get that red hair?", "are those his real brothers?" On a side note...if you ever want attention anywhere you go do one of two things:
1. Have three boys tag along with you
or
2. Have a red head child.
or do both these things and get several comments during your outing.
Anyhow, we celebrated little Crate's birthday by going to the Tonto Natural Bridge in Payson, AZ. Which I would HIGHLY recommend for a day trip or a family get away. We took TONS of pictures but here are a few of my favorites.
Check out the cool rainbow created by the always flowing waterfall above.
Once we got home we celebrated as a family with pizza for dinner and cupcakes for the boys. Crate LOVED his cupcake! I hope his wishes always come true.
I have so many more pictures I want to post but for some reason it won't let me so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Here he is on his birthday...Aunt Jeaniece gave him this awesome shirt for his birthday! Thank you! It says "This little monkey is one" A perfect shirt to wear on his first birthday. For his present he got a new car seat pretty exciting for a one year old!
I sure love this little boy and am so grateful to celebrate his first year with us.