Thursday, October 28, 2010

We'll try once again.

When is it OK to speak your mind and when should you just let things go? I have been asking myself this question lately...like for the last couple of years.

I feel like sometimes I have a hard time being honest and realistic while writing this Blog versus complaining about everything. I hope I don't come across misleading...life isn't perfect. And I really believe having a positive attitude makes dealing with life better. There is always a bright side. Even if that bright side is realizing what we are learning from our trials or mistakes. Hopefully once we realize what we have learned we won't have to learn the same lesson over again, we can move on.

I'm grateful I'm not a single parent. There are many days that go by in a row that Pops and I aren't together. Those days get long and hard but I know in the end I have a partner who is on the same page with me, who has the same goals as I and who helps me raise these boys. My heart really aches to those who do it alone. Especially to those whose spouse has passed on while the children are still growing. I can't imagine, day in and day out bearing the responsibility all alone.

I am grateful to people who allow others to help them.

I've got problem I have to figure out.

I believe children have the right to be raised with a mother and father in the home if possible.

I finished the Book of Mormon again tonight with the boys. They choose breakfast at McDonald's for their reward. Gross. I'll try and do some convincing tomorrow. Is it sad that they choose this as their last reward and I never took them? The idea of breakfast at McDonald's makes me ill.

Do I go to bed or wait up for Pops?

I'm again grateful for my family's health.

Is it wrong to say that to me Hymn's are like scripture? Sometimes the wording in Hymns is sacred and powerful and many times can be an answer to prayers. While Hymns may not be words written by modern prophets or prophets of old, I feel those who wrote the Hymns were inspired by the Holy Ghost.

I have lots of favorite Hymns. I always wonder that if I am able to plan my funeral what Hymns would I choose? On a side not...whoever plans my funeral please make sure there are lots of musical numbers. I love musical numbers.
...I hope I don't have to plan my funeral for a long time.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm grateful for you and, selfishly, I'm grateful that Boss is in my preschool so that I can have quick chats with you every week. Thanks for being real at the same time that you strive for the ideal...it helps me out so much!